Today I held a workshop on scientific publishing in Economics & Business Administration at the Humboldt-University of Berlin. It was my first workshop which dealt specifically with publishing in the disciplines of Economics & Business Administration.
The workshop focussed on these topics:
- scientific publishing and careers
- typology of scientific publishing, especially in the field of Business Administration & Economics
- dissemination of scientific information: Open Access and Closed Access (with a focus on the disciplines mentioned) and their legal, scientific and financial implications
- how to place a publication at a suitable publication venue
- determinants of quality/resonance of scientific publications (e.g. by measuring citation impact or Altmetrics)
- the role of ratings and ranking in Economics & Business Administration
The topics of quality assurance/ peer review, impact and Open Access services were of particular interest.
The workshop was organized by the Faculty of Economics of the Humboldt University of Berlin, which I thank very much for the invitation.
I would also like to thank Ralf Toepfer and Jan Weiland from the Leibniz Information Centre for Economics for the helpful conversations in preparing the workshop.
The presentation is available via slideshare but can also be viewed here.
- scidecode continues to be scidecode, but scinoptica lives again - 9. Dezember 2022
- Update on the scidecode study on Persistent Identifiers (PIDs) - 22. Mai 2022
- Open Journal Systems (OJS) Installationen in Deutschland - 19. Mai 2022